About the Treatment Access Bank
The Treatment Access Bank helps people that have financial challenges get quality mental health care. We cover up to 12 therapy sessions with a licensed therapist and connect people with our Peer Recovery Call Center for support while in the program and beyond. While some people are able to get therapy through programs like Medicare and Medicaid, many people with private insurance may still have gaps that make therapy hard to afford- which is where we come in.
The Treatment Access Bank aims to serve people in East Tennessee who cannot afford mental health care due to financial challenges.
Client barriers include, but are not limited to,
- Low household income or experiencing financial stress
- Uninsured or underinsured (do not have behavioral health coverage through their insurance policy, high deductible/copay, etc.)
- Unable to afford therapy without program participation
Requirements for program clients include, but are not limited to,
- Have at least one barrier as described above
- Able to give voluntary consent
- At least 16 years old
- Live in MHAET service area
- Able to pay a small copay (based on income)
People interested in the program should know that the Treatment Access Bank cannot meet certain needs as we are only offer up to 12 sessions per client at this time. Those who are experiencing the following are invited to explore other resources on our website or call our Peer Recovery Call Center at 865-584-9125 for additional support.
- Serious mental illness
- Needing medication
- Actively in substance abuse
- Younger than 16
- Needing court-ordered services
- Can afford sliding scale therapy
We recruit different therapists in East Tennessee to supply services for those unable to afford therapy. Our licensed partnering therapists have decades of experience in mental health care and work with diverse populations with a wide range of concerns. Therapists help clients meet their treatment goals over the course of 10-12 sessions. Providers donate one session per client and play an essential role in our clients’ recovery journeys and making behavioral healthcare more accessible in our communities.
Are you interested in being a partnering provider?
Contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 865-584-9125