Part-time Mental Health Educator
The part-time mental health educator will be scheduled to speak to classes of middle school and high school students throughout the East Tennessee area.
Essential Job Functions
- Familiarity with program curriculum
- Teaching mental health concepts to students
- Interacting appropriately with students and school staff
- Use PowerPoint slides and activities to engage students.
- Administering pre-test, post-test, and other evaluation components to students and school staff
- Providing schedule of availability to Director of Education and Outreach
- Pick up and drop off of materials needed to teach classes
- Appropriately refer students to school counselor or crisis intervention services if needed
- At least a BA/BS in a mental health or social services field preferred
- Experience and comfort with public speaking
- Experience working with children and youth
- Knowledge of mental illnesses and ability to discuss and explain them to all ages of students
- Reliable transportation and willingness to travel to schools in East Tennessee
- Successful completion of a criminal background check
- Participation in curriculum training program
- Availability for assignments typically lasting the entire school day (a typical school day usually lasts from 8 am – 3:30 pm)
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Expected start date is January 2020.